ANUSOL Suppositories offer effective internal relief, delivering a measured dose inside your back passage. The special shape ensures that you get a full dose of medication where it is needed.
Insert morning and night, plus after each bowel movement as necessary. A little ANUSOL Cream or Ointment may be used to assist insertion.
Every treatment in the ANUSOL range contains an astringent to soothe and protect raw areas and help shrink swollen tissue as well as antiseptics to reduce the risk of infection and encourage healing.
Whichever treatment you prefer, ANUSOL provides effective, soothing relief from piles.
- Rapidly absorbed
- Soothes and calms irritated areas
- Relieves pain and discomfort
- Reduces swelling
Each treatment contains a number of ingredients:
- Zinc Oxide is an astringent which soothes and protects raw areas and helps reduce swelling. It also acts as an antiseptic to prevent bacterial growth.
- Bismuth Oxide is an astringent and antiseptic and also protects raw, irritated areas.
- Balsam Peru is an antiseptic which has a protective action on sore areas and can promote healing
- ANUSOL Plus HC products also contain Hydrocortisone, an effective anti-inflammatory ingredient.
How to use Anusol?
The ANUSOL range delivers effective, soothing relief directly to the affected area.
Each pack includes instructions on how to apply the treatment but if you are unsure about using it, your pharmacist or doctor should be able to explain in more detail. Before using any of the treatments, you should wash your hands and bottom and dry yourself carefully with a soft, clean towel.
You can use a tissue or your finger to apply ANUSOL® Cream to the affected area. For internal piles, screw the nozzle provided onto the tube, insert it into your back passage and squeeze gently. Clean the applicator after each use.